Wanting to unlock your BlackBerry 8900 so you can switch carriers? Better yet, let’s do it completely free. That’s right most website will have you believe that you need to pay to unlock your BlackBerry 8900. This is very far from the truth and you can acquire a free unlock code from T-Mobile. Here are the steps to unlocking your BlackBerry 8900:
Unlock Your BlackBerry 8900 Free
1. Call T-Mobile and ask for your MEP code.
2. After recieving the MEP code, turn your WiFi off.
3. Go to settings, then advanced options, then SIM card, then type “MEPD”.
4. The phone should say “Network as Active”
5. Hold SHIFT + type “MEPE” or “MEP2″
6. The phone should say “Network as Disabled” and your done!
I got most of these steps originally from this article. Furthermore, I found a video tutorial that may be more helpful: How To Unlock Blackberry 8900 Curve.
*UPDATE* Furthermore, if you have a different Blackberry model phone you are trying to unlock, then check out my new tutorial on How To Unlock A Blackberry Phone.