Unlocking the Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini and Xperia Mini Pro will be as easy as unlocking most GSM cell phones. To unlock your Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini you will need to first find your mobile’s IMEI number. You can do this simply by typing *#06# on your device and hitting the send button. At this point a 15-digit or similar length number will appear on the screen. You will want to write this down, as it will be used later to calculate your Xperia Mini unlock code. If no number was dislayed, this means that you mobile device is not a GSM or SIM card based device and this unlocking guide will not work. This would also be quite rare, because most of the specifications on the Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini show it as this kind of cell phone.
Anyway, once you have acquired the IMEI number to your device you can begin the unlocking steps. There are two methods for getting your Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro unlock code:
- Call up your current mobile phone carrier / service provider and request a free code from them. (This only works with certain carriers like T-Mobile and AT&T and sometimes requires you to have had service with them for at least 3 months.)
- Search these websites to see if they support this cell phone model: UnlockCellPhoneCode.com and GlobalUnlock.com.
Now you should have acquired some instructions or steps to remove the SIM lock on your device, but if not you can try using the steps below, that work on most SIM based cell phones. If you have any questions or comments regarding this tutorial, please feel free to leave a comment below.
- Turn on Xperia Mini or Xperia Mini Pro without your SIM card in.
- Cell Phone will request your unlock code.
- Enter unlock code, and device should restart unlocked!
Also real quick, for those of you that do not know what unlocking your cell phone is. It is basically removing the SIM lock on your device which will stop it from working with foreign or unaccepted SIM cards. So if you have an AT&T SIM card but would like to get a T-Mobile one and get service from them, you would need to unlock your phone. You will however, still need to buy a service plan from either of these companies if you plan to use them. Good luck!