Unlocking a Nokia N70 can be free and only takes a few steps. A Nokia N70 unlock code is required before you can begin however. Essentially I am writing this phone unlock guide in response to this phone question from Yahoo Answers. It appears that people are making unlocking much more difficult and harder than it needs to be. Anyway, you can try to get a free Nokia unlock code for your Nokia N70 a few ways:
Getting A Free Nokia N70 Unlock Code
- Call Your Phone Carrier’s Support – A lot of people overlook this option and simply dismiss it. Although some phone carriers will not give you a free unlock code, there are many that will including: T-Mobile and AT&T. If you tell them you are planning on traveling abroad with your Nokia N70 they will be more likely to help you out. In addition, most phone carriers require that you have had a contract with them for more then 3 months before they will give you a free unlock code for your Nokia N70.
- Unlock Code Generators – There are a tons of free unlock code generators that you can try using. Although not all of them will work with your particular phone model here is a few unlock code generators worth checking out: Unlock Nokia Free and Nokia Dct4 Code generator.
Update: None of the Nokia unlock code calculators above will work for the Nokia N70 anymore.
- Download Free Unlocking Software – You could also try downloading some unlock software that will calculate an unlock code for your phone that will help to unlock it. Although using this method, may sometimes require special cables, etc. You can check out these downloads for more information.
Finding Your Nokia N70′s IMEI Number
In order to get your free unlock code for your Nokia N70, you will probably need your phone’s IMEI number. You can find your Nokia N70′s IMEI number by simply typing *#06# and hitting enter. Your 15-digit IMEI number will then be displayed on the phone’s screen.
Anyway, now that you have your phone’s unlock code, you can start the unlock process. This is actually probably the easiest part of unlocking your phone. I took these steps from my original phone guide on How To Unlock A Nokia Phone. Here are the steps:
How To Unlock A Nokia N70
1. Type #PW+
2. Enter your unlock code (Warning: Entering more then 3 incorrect unlock codes may permanently lock your phone!)
3. Now type +1#
4. Your Nokia N79 should say “SIM Restriction Off”
You should now have yourself a fully unlock Nokia N70! You can now use your phone with any phone carrier or network your choose. Finally, it is important to note that this phone unlock guide will only work with SIM card or GSM versions of the Nokia N70. If you have a CDMA version of the phone you will need to look elsewhere to unlock your phone. If you have any questions or comments please feel free to leave them below.