Want to unlock a Nokia E5? Our guide shows you how to unlock any Nokia E5 that works off of a SIM card. These SIM based cell phones can sometimes come with a SIM lock the prevents them from working with other carriers. So basically, you cannot switch carriers from say AT&T to T-Mobile. However, by using an unlock code you can remove this SIM lock on your Nokia E5. Please note it is possible this SIM lock already is removed on your mobile phone but not likely unless explicitely stated. In order to get an unlock code for your E5 you will need your mobile devices unique IMEI number:
How To Find Nokia E5
1. Type in *#06# on your Nokia phone.
2. Now hit enter or send.
3. The number output (usually 15-digits) is your Nokia E5′s IMEI number which you can now use to get an unlock code.
You can now probably call up your current cell phone carrier and ask for a free unlocking code. In exchange, they will need your E5′s IMEI number you get earlier. But if this method doesn’t work then I suggest you review the of the unlock services provided at the end of this post.
Once you have your unlock code, you can being to fully unlock your Nokia E5. Simply follow the steps below and you will have your own Nokia E5 unlocked to any GSM carriers.
Unlock Nokia E5 Guide:
1. Power ON your Nokia mobile phone without your SIM card.
2. Now type: #PW+CODE+1# (Where CODE is your Nokia unlock code)
3. Your phone should now show “SIM Restriction Off” and is unlocked.
Note: You must press the * key several times to get the characters for ‘P’ and ‘W’.