To unlock a Motorola i1 you will need an unlock code. This Motorola i1 unlock guide has the steps for unlocking your cell phone to any GSM carrier or network. Most SIM card based phones have a SIM lock preventing form working with any phone carrier other then the accepted one. Therefore first off you will probably need an unlock code for your Motorola i1. You can sometimes get a free Motorola unlock code by calling up your current carrier and simply asking for one. They will probably need your Motorola i1′s IMEI number in order to generate the unlock code. You can find the IMEI number by typing in *#06# on your phone and hitting the send key.
After getting your Motorola i1 unlock code follow the steps below:
How To Unlock A Motorola i1
1. Reboot your Motorola mobile phone with an unaccepted SIM card in.
*If the display reads “Enter Special Code”, enter the unlock code and press “OK”
*If the display does not read “Enter Special code”:
2. Press and hold the asterisk (*) key until an entry box is displayed.
3. Type *, #, 3, 2, # and press “OK”
4. Enter your Motorola unlock code and press “OK.”
5. Your Motorola mobile should now display either “Completed” or
I hope you are able to unlock and enjoy a fully Motorola i1 unlocked. If you have any additional questions or want to review some unlock code websites, please continue to read below. Good luck and God bless!