In order to unlock a Motorola EX232 to all GSM cell phone carriers you will need to use an unlock code. This unlock code or security code will remove the SIM lock that is put any many Motorola handsets at the time of manufacture. Once you have unlocked your Motorola EX232 you will be able to use any GSM or SIM card based service provider versus being forced to use it with the carrier you bought it from. This is great for people who travel or those just looking to increase the overall value of their phone. Regardless of your reason, unlocking your phone should be a fast process. We have provided some easy to follow instructions below to help you get started:
Motorola EX232 Unlock Instructions:
- Attain an unlock code from your current mobile carrier or by using a online service.
- Once you have your code, power on your Motorola EX232 with a SIM card from your new service carrier.
*If the display reads “Enter Special Code”, enter the unlock code and press “OK”
*If the display does not read “Enter Special code”:
- Press and hold the asterisk (*) key until an entry box is displayed.
- Type *, #, 3, 2, # and press “OK”
- Enter your Motorola unlock code and press “OK.”
- Your done! Your EX232 should now be fully unlocked!