To unlock the HP Veer 4G from AT&T, you will need to ensure you have a SIM carded HP Veer and you will need an 8-digit unlock code. Basically the goal of unlocking your HP Veer 4G is that you will be able to use your cell phone with another carrier or network besides AT&T, like T-Mobile or Sprint PCS, etc. Follow the simple steps below to begin unlocking your HP device!
- Type *#06# and hit enter/send on your HP Veer.
If a 15-ish digit number is diplayed, then you have a SIM card version of the HP Veer 4G and you can continue. Other users have a CDMA version and must unlock it using software/computer cable.
- Write down the number that appear on your HP Veer’s screen. This is your phone’s IMEI number. You will need it later to generate the unlock code.
- Now find your cell phone carrier’s support phone number. Call this number and request a unlock code from them. (If you do not currently have service or they will not provide you with a free unlock code, because you have not used them long enough, then you can generate an unlock code from one of websites listed below this guide or on the side of the website.)
- Now with your HP Veer unlock code in possession, reboot your device w/o any SIM card in it. (Take your SIM card out, It’s behind your battery)
- Device should ask you for your 8-ish digit unlock code.
- Enter your unlock code and hit enter/send
- Your HP Veer should not be unlocked!
If you have any additional comments, questions, or experience on the above unlocking guide, then please feel free to post below. Thanks!