To help you learn how to unlock the Dell Streak Pro, we have written this easy to follow guide. First, we will explain what unlocking a mobile device really is. Second, we will go over some of the concepts behind unlocking your Dell Streak Pro. Finally, we will provide you with some resources and instructions/steps to actually unlock your device. Let’s get started…
What will unlocking my Dell Streak Pro do?
This basically means that you will be removing the SIM lock that is put on many mobile devices when sold through a cell phone carrier. You will be able to use your device with any GSM service carrier in your area!
What is a SIM lock?
The SIM lock will prevent other cell phone carrier’s SIM cards from working within the device. Therefore, if you bought the device through T-Mobile, but wanted to use it with AT&T or another SIM card provider, you would not be able to. However, once you unlock your Streak Pro, you will be able to get service with any carrier that uses SIM cards for service. This SIM lock can only usually be removed by getting an unlock code that is specific to every device. Once you have this code, you can use the instructions provided in this post or elsewhere to remove the SIM lock on your Dell Streak Pro. Check out the instructions below:
Steps to unlock my Dell Streak Pro:
- Type *#06# and hit enter on your device.
- A 15-digit (or similar length) number will appear on the screen. This is your Dell Streak Pro’s IMEI number. It will be used to calculate your unlock code. (If you do not get a number after following Step 1, then your device likely is not SIM card based and cannot be unlocked using these steps.)
- Get your unlock code by asking your cell phone carrier or trying some of the resources provided at the end of this guide.
- Now that you have your code, power off your device with no SIM card in it, or with your new unaccepted SIM card.
- Device will ask for your unlock code.
- Enter your unlock code and hit enter.
- Dell Streak Pro will restart and is now fully unlocked.
Note: Unlocking is not the same as jailbreaking. By unlocking your Streak Pro from Dell, you will not be able to use any additional features etc.