Unlocking a BlackBerry Style 9670 requires an unlock code and only a few steps. An unlocked BlackBerry Style 9670 will work on any SIM card based phone network, such as AT&T and T-Mobile. In order to fully unlock your BlackBerry Style 9670 you will need to an unlock code. This unlock code will remove the SIM lock that comes on many SIM based BlackBerry cell phones by default. Once this SIM lock is removed, you will be free to use your BlackBerry Style 9670 with any GSM or SIM card based mobile phone carrier you wish.
Getting an unlock code can be free often if you call up your BlackBerry Style 9670 phone carrier’s support line. Request an unlock code and in exchange they will need your phone’s IMEI number, which on a BlackBerry Style 9670 you can simply get by typing *#06# and hitting send or enter on your keypad. Your BlackBerry Style 9670′s IMEI number is used to calculate your BlackBerry unlocking code. If you do not currently have a carrier or cannot get a free one, then I would suggest you review some of the unlock code websites I have provided later in this guide.
How To Unlock A BlackBerry Style 9670
Here are the steps to follow to unlock your BlackBerry Style 9670 to all GSM mobile phone carriers and networks:
1. Turn off the Wireless Radio on your BlackBerry mobile.
2. Next go to Settings > Options > Advanced Options > SIM Card
3. Hold down the ALT key and press the keys that correspond to: m e p d
4. Next, hold down the ALT key again and press the keys that correspond to: m e p 2
5. You should see a menu where you can put in a 16 digit code and 10 tries to punch it in correctly.
6. After you enter in the unlock code, hit Enter.
7. It should say “Device Unlocked” and you have an unlocked Blackberry.
If the above instructions do not work unlocking your Style, then you can also try the steps below:
1. Power on your BlackBerry Style 9670 with an UNACCEPTED SIM card.
2. BlackBerry should ask for your unlock code.
3. Enter your unlock code. (Can learn more about getting one below)
4. Your cell phone may reboot and should be unlocked!