Unlocking a Blackberry Curve 8520 phone is free and easy. By unlocking your Blackberry Curve 8520 phone you will be able to use your Blackberry Curve with any phone carrier network as long as they are a GSM carrier. Before you can unlock your Blackberry Curve 8520 you will need an unlock code. Many other mobile phone websites would suggest paying for a high priced unlock code. However, I have included all the steps below for getting a free Blackberry Curve 8520 unlock code to unlock your phone. You can find additional information on the Blackberry Curve 8520 by reading this Blackberry Curve 8520 T-Mobile Review. Here are the steps on how to unlock your Blackberry Curve 8520 completely free:
How To Unlock a Blackberry Curve 8520
1. Turn on your Blackberry Curve 8520 phone with your current network/service provider’s SIM card.
2. Using the menu go to Settings Menu -> SIM card and press select.
3. While holding the SHIFT key, type mepd.
4. You should now see the five locking categories listed.
5. While holding the SHIFT KEY, type mep2.
6. Release the shift key.
7. You will now be prompted to enter the Network MEP code.
8. Enter the Unlock Code.
9. Enter Return/Enter.
10. Your Blackberry Curve 8520 phone should then be unlocked.
Now you should have yourself a fully unlocked Blackberry Curve 8520. Before you can use your newly unlocked phone on a new phone carrier’s network, you must buy a SIM card and order a voice plan with that carrier. If the steps above did not work on your Blackberry Curve 8520, do not try repeating as this could just permanently lock your mobile phone.
If you are still interested in learning more about the RIM Blackberry Curve 8520, try watching this RIM Blackberry Curve 8520 Review video from YouTube.