The Samsung Vibrant unlocked works on all GSM carriers. A Samsung Vibrant needs an unlock code in order to remove the SIM lock that comes on most SIM based cell phones by default. If your Samsung Vibrant has a SIM lock on it, then it will prevent you from using the mobile phone with any other carriers.
I would first recommend you try getting a Samsung Vibrant unlock code by calling up your current phone carrier. In exchange, they will need your Samsung Vibrant’s IMEI number. Your IMEI number is unique to your mobile device and the Samsung unlock code will be calculated using it. You can get the IMEI number on your Samsung Vibrant simply by typing *#06# and hitting the enter or send button. If you do not currently have a carrier or cannot get a free unlock code, then I would reccomend trying some of the unlock code websites that I have reviewed below.
Once you have your unlock code, you can begin the Samsung Vibrant unlocking steps below.
How To Unlock Samsung Vibrant
1. Power on your Samsung Vibrant with an unaccepted SIM card inserted.
2. Your Samsung mobile will prompt you for a password (unlock code).
3. Enter your Samsung unlock code.
Otherwise, if your Samsung mobile phone displays “Insert Correct SIM Card” then:
1. Turn on your Samsung Vibrant with an UNACCEPTED SIM card inserted.
2. Type: #7465625*638*CODE# (Where CODE is your Samsung unlock code.
If you have any questions or need any help unlocking your Samsung Vibrant mobile phone, please feel free to write a comment below. Thanks and God bless!