Want to unlock a T-Mobile G2? Our guide shows you how to unlock any T-Mobile G2 that works off of a SIM card. These SIM based cell phones can sometimes come with a SIM lock the prevents them from working with other carriers. So basically, you cannot switch carriers from say AT&T to T-Mobile. However, by using an unlock code you can remove this SIM lock on your T-Mobile G2. Please note it is possible this SIM lock already is removed on your mobile phone but not likely unless explicitely stated. In order to get an unlock code for your G2 you will need your mobile devices unique IMEI number:
How To Find T-Mobile G2
1. Type in *#06# on your T-Mobile phone.
2. Now hit enter or send.
3. The number output (usually 15-digits) is your T-Mobile G2′s IMEI number which you can now use to get an unlock code.
You can now probably call up your current cell phone carrier and ask for a free unlocking code. In exchange, they will need your G2′s IMEI number you get earlier. But if this method doesn’t work then I suggest you review the of the unlock services provided at the end of this post.
Once you have your unlock code, you can being to fully unlock your T-Mobile G2. Simply follow the steps below and you will have your own T-Mobile G2 unlocked to any GSM carriers.
How To Unlock T-Mobile G2 (SIM Unlock)
1. Turn on your GSM mobile phone with an unaccepted SIM card.
2. The cell phone should request your unlock code or request a password of some sort.
3. Now enter your unlock code.
4. Your mobile device may reboot and should be fully unlocked!
Please keep in mind that currently the T-Mobile G2 has not been released, but has been officially announced by T-mobile. I actually recieved the message on my G1 earlier this morning about the new T-Mobile G2, then hopped on here. Since T-Mobile is a GSM or SIM card based network we think these instructions should work. Please feel free to post any comments or questions below. Thanks.