Unlocking the Samsung I9000 Galaxy S requires an unlock code. An Samsung I9000 Galaxy S unlocked should work on any GSM phone networks or carrier. Most GSM or SIM based cell phones come with a SIM lock which prevents them form working with unaccepted carriers. The unlock code should remove the SIM lock on your Samsung I9000 Galaxy S.
In order to get a Samsung I9000 Galaxy S unlock code, I would first contact your phone carrier’s support line and request one. Sometimes they will give you one for free and in exchange will need your Samsung I9000 Galaxy S’s IMEI number. You can get this number simply by entering *#06# on your phone’s keypad and then pressing enter. If you cannot attain a free Samsung unlocking code, then you should review some of the unlock code websites I have provided below.
You should now be able to use your unlock code and the steps below to fully unlock your Samsung I9000 Galaxy S to other carriers. Enjoy!
How To Unlock Samsung I9000 Galaxy S
1. Power on your Samsung mobile phone with an unaccepted SIM card inserted.
2. Your Samsung mobile will prompt you for a password (unlock code).
3. Enter your Samsung unlock code.
Otherwise, if your Samsung mobile phone displays “Insert Correct SIM Card” then:
1. Turn on your Samsung phone with an UNACCEPTED SIM card inserted.
2. Type: #7465625*638*CODE# (Where CODE is your Samsung unlock code.
If you would like to leave your own Samsung I9000 Galaxy S review or need some help unlocking your cell phone, then please feel free to leave a comment below. Thanks and good luck!