Want to unlock a LG Quantum? Our guide shows you how to unlock any LG Quantum that works off of a SIM card. These SIM based cell phones can sometimes come with a SIM lock the prevents them from working with other carriers. So basically, you cannot switch carriers from say AT&T to T-Mobile. However, by using an unlock code you can remove this SIM lock on your LG Quantum. Please note it is possible this SIM lock already is removed on your mobile phone but not likely unless explicitely stated. In order to get an unlock code for your Quantum you will need your mobile devices unique IMEI number:
How To Find LG Quantum IMEI Number
1. Type in *#06# on your LG phone.
2. Now hit enter or send.
3. The number output (usually 15-digits) is your LG Quantum’s IMEI number which you can now use to get an unlock code.
You can now call up your current cell phone carrier and ask for a free unlocking code. In exchange, they will need your Quantum’s IMEI number you get earlier. But if this method doesn’t work then I suggest you review the of the unlock services provided at the end of this post.
Once you have your unlock code, you can being to fully unlock your LG Quantum. Simply follow the steps below and you will have your own LG Quantum unlocked to any GSM carriers. Also note, that the LG Quantum has not yet been released as of writing this guide, and as such your phone could potentially already be unlocked. However if it is not, then you will need an unlock code, as these instructions are generally used to unlock cell phones off the AT&T network.
How To Unlock A LG Quantum
1. Insert an unaccepted SIM card.
2. Turn on your LG mobile and it should display “Phone Restricted”.
3. Select “Cancel” and the LG phone will display “phone restriction code”.
4. Now, enter your LG unlock code.
5. Select OK and your mobile should be unlocked!
Feel free to post your questions and comments on the unlocked LG Quantum below. Thanks and God bless!