The upcoming Optimus L3 Dual-SIM smartphone is looking to come out very soon and we have gotten a head start by providing a simple unlock guide. This guide will very easily show you how to unlock your LG Optimus L3 Dual in a few minutes. Since this cell phone is GSM based (aka it uses SIM cards), we can remove any possible SIM lock that may be on the device, thus preventing it from running SIM cards from a different carrier. Therefore, you could easily start using any mobile provider you wanted, for better signal and other such purposes.
Let’s get started. First you will need an unlock code to remove your SIM lock. There are some free tools out there to find an unlock code for you. Most will require your phone’s IMEI number. This is basically an identifier unique to your device. You can find your IMEI number by typing *#06# and hitting enter on your dial-pad. Once you have your unlocking code, you should be able to follow the instructions below:
Optimus L3 Dual Unlock Instructions
- Add your new SIM card into device.
- Turn on your LG mobile and it should display “Phone Restricted”.
- Hit “cancel” and the LG phone will display something similar to “phone restriction code”.
- Enter your unlocking code.
- Hit OK and your phone should be unlocked!