This phone guide shows how to
As stated above, you will need an unlock code before you can unlock your GSM cell phone. If you aren’t looking to spend any money and want a free unlock code I would first suggest calling up your phone carrier’s support. As long as you meet some requirements, including having service with them for over 3 months and paying your phone bill on time, they should provide you with an unlock code for free. I have had luck with both T-Mobile, as well as AT&T, but this doesn’t not always work with all cell phone providers. You may even want to tell them you are planning on traveling abroad and will be needing your phone, etc. If this method does not work you can try using an unlock code calculator. There are several free ones online including this unlock code calculator as well as this Samsung Unlock Code Calculator. If you are having trouble getting an unlock code try reading my previous phone guides for getting free unlock codes from Nokia, Samsung, or LG.
Regardless of how you choose to get an unlock code for your GSM phone, you will need to provide your phone’s IMEI number to calculate it. Your phone’s IMEI number is basically just an identification number for your cell phone. You can find it on all GSM or SIM based phones by simply typing: *#06# and hitting enter. Your phone will then output a 15-digit code, which is your IMEI number.
Once you have your unlock code you can start unlocking your GSM phone for free! This is probably the easiest step in the entire process. However, you must take care not to enter more then 3 incorrect unlock codes, as this could permanently lock your phone. If you are unsure of what you are doing, it is probably best left to the professionals. You can even pay for professional unlocking services if you really need it.
Below I have provided phone unlock instructions for all of the different phone models including: Nokia, Samsung, Blackberry, and LG. Here they are:
How To Unlock Nokia GSM Phones
1. Type #PW+
2. Enter your unlock code
3. Now type +1#
4. Your Nokia phone should say “SIM Restriction Off”
You can read the original unlock instructions for most Nokia phones here.
How To Unlock Samsung GSM Phones
1. Power on your Samsung mobile phone without the SIM card in.
2. Type #7465625*638*
3. Enter your Samsung unlock code
4. Type #
5. If worked, phone should say “Network Lock Deactivated”
6. Your Samsung phone may automatically reboot.
You can read the original unlock instructions for most Samsung phones here.
How To Unlock Blackberry GSM Phones
1. Turn off the Wireless Radio
2. Next go to Settings > Options > Advanced Options > SIM Card
3. Now, hold down the ALT key and press the keys that correspond to: m e p d
4. Next hold down the ALT key again and press the keys that correspond to: m e p 2
5. You should see a menu where you can put in a 16 digit code and 10 tries to punch it in correctly.
6. After you enter in the code, press Enter.
7. It should say “Device Unlocked” and you have an unlocked Blackberry.
You can read the original unlock instructions for most Blackberry phones here
How To Unlock LG GSM Phones
1. Power on your LG phone with the original SIM card in.
2. Enter 2945#*700#
3. A menu will pop up, select SIM Unlock.
4. Enter your unlock code and hit OK.
5. Your LG phone may automatically reboot.
You can read the original unlock instructions for most LG phones here.
Hopefully now you have yourself a fully unlocked GSM phone. The benefit of doing this is that now you can use your cell phone with any phone carrier you desire! If you are still having problems please feel free to leave a question or comment below. Good luck!