Unlocking a BlackBerry Torch requires a BlackBerry unlock code. An BlackBerry Torch unlocked should work on any GSM phone networks or carrier. Most GSM or SIM based cell phones come with a SIM lock which prevents them form working with unaccepted carriers. The unlock code should remove the SIM lock on your BlackBerry Torch.
In order to get a BlackBerry Torch unlock code, I would first contact your phone carrier’s support line and request one. Sometimes they will give you one for free and in exchange will need your BlackBerry Torch’s IMEI number. You can get this number simply by entering *#06# on your phone’s keypad and then pressing enter. If you cannot attain a free BlackBerry unlocking code, then you should review some of the unlock code websites I have provided below.
You should now be able to use your unlock code and the steps below to fully unlock your BlackBerry Torch to other carriers. Enjoy!
Unlock BlackBerry Torch Using Unlock Code
1. Turn off the Wireless Radio on your RIM BlackBerry Torch.
2. Next go to Settings > Options > Advanced Options > SIM Card
3. Hold down the ALT key and press the keys that correspond to: m e p d
4. Next, hold down the ALT key again and press the keys that correspond to: m e p 2
5. You should see a menu where you can put in an unlock code and 10 tries to punch it in correctly.
6. After you enter in the unlock code, hit Enter.
7. It should say “Device Unlocked” and you have an unlocked RIM BlackBerry PlayBook.
If the above method does not give you the correct prompts, then you can try these other unlocking instructions below:
1. Turn on your BlackBerry Torch with an UNACCEPTED SIM card in.
2. Phone should request your unlock code.
3. Enter your unlock code.
4. BlackBerry may reboot and is now unlocked! (Should display confirmation message)
If you have any additional questions on how to unlock the upcoming BlackBerry Torch for AT&T or just want to leave a comment about this unlocked cell phone, then please feel free to do so below. Thanks!