Unlocking a BlackBerry Bold 9650 with an unlock code is a quick way to use the upcoming BlackBerry Bold 9650 with any GSM or SIM based cell phone carrier. By default all BlackBerry GSM mobile devices come with a SIM lock the prevents them from working with unaccepted phone carriers. Essentially, if you still want a BlackBerry Bold 9650, but do not wish to use the default network then you will need to unlock it.
The BlackBerry Bold 9650 requires an unlock code as talked about earlier. You can usually get a free unlock code by calling up the phone carrier and requesting a free one. In exchange, they will need your Bold 9650′s IMEI number, which you can get by typing *#06# and hitting enter. THen you can use the unlocking instruction provided below in combination with the unlock code. This will remove the SIM lock. Good luck!
How To Unlock BlackBerry Bold 9650
1. Turn off the Wireless Radio
2. Next go to Settings > Options > Advanced Options > SIM Card
3. Now, hold down the ALT key and press the keys that correspond to: m e p d
4. Next hold down the ALT key again and press the keys that correspond to: m e p 2
5. You should see a menu where you can put in a 16 digit code and 10 tries to punch it in correctly.
6. After you enter in the code, press Enter.
7. It should say “Device Unlocked” and you have an unlocked Blackberry.
If you want to review the unlocked BlackBerry Bold 9650 or need help, please leave a comment below.